Sunday, October 5, 2008

HALFWAY THERE!!!





Well...I am 20 weeks and 1 day as of today! Yay! Finally in the twenties! I can't believe I'm halfway there! We have not done ONE thing to get ready for the baby, but I'm waiting until volleyball season is over and I can breathe again! Here is 20 week picture. I don't think it looks any different than last week!
I am feeling him kick several times throughout the day, and it's such a neat feeling! He seems to be more active in the mornings and at nights, but not so much during the middle of the day.





This weekend we had so much fun! We went to the Brad Paisley concert Friday night, and despite sitting behind some chain smokers, we had a great time. He put on a great show! Here are some pictures from the concert!




Saturday we slept in to about 9:30 and then went to our Fall church pinic. We had some great food, and the boys had fun throwing the football around. Here some pics of that, and of Ella and Baylee supporting their favorite team!



After the picnic, Nolan and I headed to the lake! This is the last weekend mom will be able to go for a few weeks because of her knee replacement surgery, so it was good to be able to spend that time with her. Her surgery is Monday morning, and she is very nervous about it, so PLEASE PRAY for her! Pray that the surgery will go well, and her recovery will go smooth as well. She is a very active person, so sitting around for several weeks is going to be tough on her!
We had a great time though. As soon as we got there, mom and Nolan fished off the pier for a while. He has gotten her into fishing and she loves it! Then Nolan went out in the canoe to fish, and me and mom went kayaking. We had a GREAT time! We got to watch two deer and a little baby fawn for about 30 minutes! We just kayaked right along the bank, and followed them as they were walking and eating. We even got to see the little fawn nurse off his mama! It was SO CUTE!!!! We thought that was a great adventure, but then as we were kayaking in a different direction we spotted some racoons! And then right behind the big racoon was four BABY racoons! They were the cutest little fuzzballs. We watched them for about 20-30 minutes too. They kept going inside a hole, and then popping back out to check us out. They were seriously the cutest little things! So that was our kayaking adventure. I didn't take my camera, because I was scared that I would drop it in the water, but I wish I had pictures of all those cute animals.


It was great to have this weekend off, but this week will be a busy week! We have volleyball games throughout the week and our home tournament this weekend, so that involves a LOT of time. Paige is coming this weekend to help out when mom comes home from the hospital, so hopefully I will be able to spend some time with them! I'll keep you posted on mom. Again, please please pray for her! Thanks so much!

2 comments:

The Law Family said...

Your belly looks cute. I am glad you are feeling him move a lot. That is a really neat feeling that I miss a lot!
You have a lot of good pictures on this post. That is a good one of you and mom. I am glad that my maternity shirt got to see Brad Paisley. Oh, I forgot to tell you. On Wednesday (or some day) last week I was driving on the interstate and I saw the big Brad Paisley 18 wheeler truck driving South. I guess it was coming to you. Glad yall had fun!
See you soon
paige

The Farm said...

Ashley, you look great! I love the maternity top at the Brad Paisley concert. I really considered getting tickets to that concert because I love him but decided I might be pushing it considering we had Bama/Kentucky football tickets the next day. Hindsight, glad I didn't get them as that would have been another thing that I would have had to sell. I love your pictures of the lake. We have great memories at the lake, more recently Smith, but as a child we spend alot of time on Lay Lake and Logan Martin. Oh, and you must look like your dad. :)