Monday, September 15, 2008

Off weekend!!!






I had an off weekend from volleyball and it was WONDERFUL!!!! We went to Jasper on Friday and stayed there for the weekend. Nolan's birthday is today, so it worked out well that we could spend the weekend with his fam. It was so relaxing!!! We got there Friday around 4:30 or so and hung out with his family. His mom grilled out hambugers and we had a yummy meal that hit the spot. I was able to sleep in on Saturday (and Nolan's old room is the BEST ROOM EVER to sleep in because it has no windows and is totally black in there!). Nolan got up around 8:30 and went out to the hunting land with his dad and they rode four-wheelers for about 60 miles total! He absolutely loved that. They were able to check on the land and even saw a few deer. Meanwhile, I went for a nice 45 min walk in the beautiful sunshine. I was even able to ride the four wheeler for about 30 seconds, which was fun! Nolans WHOLE family came over for a late lunch on Saturday. We had the most steaks you've ever seen. (and if you know all the boys in Nolan's fam, you would understand why they need so much meat! haha!) Nolan's mom also fixed the most AMAZING mashed potatoes with cheese and all sort of other stuff in them and they were SO GOOD! I probably ate about 5 helpings of those throughout the whole weekend! She also fixed fried okra, green beans, squash, pasta salad, homemade rolls, and some yummy desserts. She is a wonderful cook! After that, Nolan and the boys went back out to the wilderness to do some "shootin" while I stayed in and relaxed on the lazy boy and watched TV. Then we all gathered around the TV to watch the pitiful 3-2 Auburn victory. Oh well... a win is a win! :) Sunday was church, then out to eat again with the entire Williams clan and we hung around before heading back to Bham. The weekends really do fly by too fast!
Tonight my parents took me, Nolan, Jordan, and Leah out to P.F.Chang's (a Chinese restaurant that is one of our favorites). Jordan's bday is tomorrow so we were celebrating for both of them. We had an amazing meal and it was good to be able to hang out with my fam for a while. Here are some pics of the weekend and tonight.

I meant to take another belly pic, but I forgot, so I will put another one soon. My ultrasound is Wednesday, the 24th, which is when we get to find out if little peanut is a boy or girl!!! :) We are so excited!!! Truly we will be happy either way. Mom's latest questionairre says its a boy, but she does a new one about every other day, which always gives her different answers. Basically, we have figured out its a 50-50 shot! :) Check for the boy/girl post next week! :)


Also, on a super-exciting note, Kiera had her baby! Tyler Dawson Keen was born on Sept. 11th! He is so precious and I am so excited for her! Her and David will make WONDERFUL parents! Love yall! :)











4 comments:

The Law Family said...

Great pictures. I wish there was a belly one, though. I can see your belly when you are on the 4 wheeler..I can tell it is growing! I am so excited about next Wednesday I can hardly stand it. Yea!!! My first neice or nephew. That feels really wierd to say. Let's see..you are Aunt So...what will I be? Aunt Po? ha

Allyson said...

waiting for the big appointment was like a 5 year old waiting on Christmas to arrive! I was so fidgety in the waiting room. ( I wanted at least one girl- and I got two!). Can't wait to hear what you are having! You look great!
Allyson
Www.mccaytwins.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

I am so glad that you have a blog. It's such a good way to stay "in the know" with old friends. BTW, I had no idea that you were expecting. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Kiera said...

Granted, I might be a little emotional, but seeing you and your pics made me want to cry. I miss you so badly!!! I can't wait for the phone call Wednesday!! Tyler is super excited too. BFF or girlfriend, either way we'll be so happy. Love and miss you like crazy!!